Thursday, February 26, 2009

Picking Peaches













The kiddos and I and some of our friends went to pick peaches this summer and it was so fun! The people who own the orchard gave us wagons, boxes and told the kids to eat as many as they could while they were picking them. It was so fun for the kids to see that this is where food comes from not the shelf in Walmart. They had fun but next year I will remember to watch more closely the peaches that they pick to try and avoid bringing so many bugs home and next year I don't think I will buy 35!(OOPS!) pounds of peaches since I don't know how to can! I ended up having to give many away. But it's OK because the experience was worth it and oh were they yummy! Maybe Autumn and I can learn how to can next year!