Friday, July 17, 2009

Easter Dress and Ties






















































We live down the street from some really great people in our ward who are very talented in many ways. Becca is an amazing seamstress. I mean amazing she can design and make wedding dresses! So...it was suggested that I sew something and I decided to make Autumn a Easter dress and the boys ties. It took awhile but I learned so much about sewing and a bonus was I was able hang out with Becca and our friend Melissa who is also a very crafty person. While making these dresses I had fantasies of taking the perfect family picture before church with everyone smiling and thanking me for the hard work I had done. Well the morning started off with one son who refused to where the tie, a white shirt with unknowing holes and then the topper on the cake was the situation above. Let's just say we will not be blowing this up and putting it on the mantle. These pictures did provide a comic relief that was much needed that morning so we could attend church and think of the reason why I wanted this day to be so special, the Resurrection of the Savior and our Heavenly Father's plan for us. However I think that even He Himself got a kick out of this family's Easter!