The kids and I took a trip with my parents to Utah, Idaho and Wyoming this summer and it was a fantastic time. The kids did so good and got to see so many neat things. The kids and I flew into Salt Lake and met my parents and then from there we drove up to Idaho and Wyoming. My Dad's brother, Uncle Gary and his family live in Idaho and my Dad was born and raised in Lander, Wyoming. This trip helped me to realize how important it is to get up there to see our family. The kids got to meet family they have never seen before who loved them so much and were so happy we were their. Kelton and I have talked and he and I are really going to try to make it up to see family every summer. We are so grateful to have family all over who love our kiddos so much.
So back to the beginning the kids and I flew to Salt Lake and this was the kids first airplane ride and they did AWESOME!! It was also really well planned that the longest flight was during nap time. It's funny to get out of your comfort zone. I have three kids but by the looks people gave me you would have thought I had 20. I noticed that no one really sat by us except for a sweet old lady and her husband and she even asked if I needed anything. How sweet. I actually took her up on it because did I mention I was potty training Keston at the time...yes well and when he needed to "go" in the "airplane toilet" for the fifth time I asked if she could hold Pierce and she did happily. But for the most part she was the only one who acted like I was a normal person and not someone with theses alien life forms called children. The airplane ride was a hit!
So back to the beginning the kids and I flew to Salt Lake and this was the kids first airplane ride and they did AWESOME!! It was also really well planned that the longest flight was during nap time. It's funny to get out of your comfort zone. I have three kids but by the looks people gave me you would have thought I had 20. I noticed that no one really sat by us except for a sweet old lady and her husband and she even asked if I needed anything. How sweet. I actually took her up on it because did I mention I was potty training Keston at the time...yes well and when he needed to "go" in the "airplane toilet" for the fifth time I asked if she could hold Pierce and she did happily. But for the most part she was the only one who acted like I was a normal person and not someone with theses alien life forms called children. The airplane ride was a hit!